Your support will enable Refuge to help more women and children rebuild their lives. Please donate today.
Every single day Refuge supports thousands of vulnerable women and children to escape domestic violence.
Our specialist staff help women and children to overcome the trauma of witnessing or experiencing abuse.
We empower them to rebuild their lives – free from fear.
But we need your help.
There are a number of ways you can make a donation to Refuge:
1. Help to sustain our services into the future by setting up a regular gift by direct debit
3. Donate by post:
Complete our donation form and send to:
Refuge, FREEPOST RRKT-RRRR-TRGE, 4th Floor International House, 1 St Katharine’s Way, London E1W 1UN
If you would like to save us the postage costs, please use a stamp.
Please make cheques payable to ‘Refuge’.
How your donation could help:
- £6 a month over one year could pay for two days of fun activities for a group of children in our refuges
- £8 a month over one year could pay for a training workshop for 5 women, helping them to enter the employment market and regain their independence
- £10 could allow a woman to buy her child essential materials for school – many women arrive at Refuge with nothing but the clothes they are wearing
- £50 could fund a session of play therapy for a group of four children, helping them to overcome the trauma of witnessing or experiencing violence
- £75 could fund a local support group session for women who have experienced domestic violence
Don’t forget, if you’re a UK taxpayer you can make your gift go further by signing up to Gift Aid.
Other ways to support Refuge’s work:
Direct from your payroll: This is the most tax effective way to support our work on a regular basis as donations come straight from your gross salary (meaning a £10 donation only makes a £8 difference to your wages!) Click here for more details.
By Share Gift: If you have unwanted shares, ‘Share Gift’ collects small holdings of shares until they have sufficient amounts to sell so they can use the funds generated to make donations to UK charities. Find out more.
By CAF card or cheque: If you have an account with CAF (Charities Aid Foundation), you can make tax effective donations to Refuge via their donation page or by sending us a CAF cheque.
Thank you for supporting our work with women and children who are experiencing domestic violence.
Contact the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline on
0808 2000 247