Can you swim every day in March for Refuge? Whether you choose the lake, sea or pool, just swim your way to the end of March. Take up the challenge and raise vital life saving funds for women and their children experiencing domestic abuse.
Download your social media assets
Download and share these images to your fundraising page or social media account to promote your challenge and boost your fundraising!
- Digital fundraising pack (PDF)
- I’m a Refuge fundraiser medal (JPEG)
- I’m fundraising for Refuge Poster (JPEG)
- Last call for sponsors (JPEG)
- March Swim Challenge medal (JPEG)
- My fundraising starts today (JPEG)
- Please will you donate to my Refuge fundraiser? (JPEG)
- Proud to be fundraising for Refuge (JPEG)
- Thank you for supporting Refuge, let’s go! (JPEG)
Below are some frequently asked questions about the challenge.
Signing up to the event
Firstly, make sure you have joined the Facebook group. Click ‘Join Group’. Once you’re in, you can get your pack, including a woolly hat, get tips, be inspired and find out anything you want to know about the challenge!
You can order your free Refuge woolly hat and fundraising pack easily. Please allow up to 10 working days for your fundraising pack and woolly hat to arrive, from the date you register.
Yes, this event is a fundraising challenge. Every pound you raise will help Refuge continue to support many thousands of women and their children on any given day. Just £10 could provide a woman arriving at a refuge with the essentials she needs for her first night. Every pound helps!
We’ve set your fundraising page up for you.
Here are 3 tips for your fundraising:
- Make a personal donation to your page. This will show your friends and family that you are committed to the challenge and fundraising for Refuge
- Share your page around payday when people are feeling generous
- Make it fun – you could organise a sweepstake asking supporters to guess the total number of lengths you will complete during the challenge and donate to your page. You could find a prize for the closest guess (even if it is just a shout out on your page).
Once you have set up your fundraising page, start sharing it on your social media channels. Make sure you add a picture to your fundraising page and explain why you are taking part in this event for Refuge. All the money raised on your page will go directly to Refuge so you do not have to worry about that.
Yes! We also have Just Giving fundraisers. You can create a page on the Just Giving website, then share the link with chosen family and friends only.
There is no set fundraising target for this challenge. We just ask that you raise as much as you can. You could aim for £52 which could provide a mother and her children a safe night’s stay in a refuge. Or increase your target to £185 which could help fund the running of the National Domestic Abuse Helpline for an hour, providing lifesaving information to women wishing to flee.
All funds donated to your fundraising page go to Refuge. The money raised from this event will help Refuge support many thousands of women and their children on any given day. Domestic abuse should not be tolerated and your fundraising will help Refuge provide specialist services and campaign for change.
You can donate directly to the March Swim Challenge Just Giving campaign. If you have collected the money, please ensure you do not tick the Gift Aid box.
Taking part in the challenge
The challenge starts on the 1st March. If you need to start a little earlier or later, then that is okay too.
This is a self-recorded challenge and you don’t need to prove that you have done the challenge. It is a community coming together, not a competition. All we ask is that you challenge yourself, have fun, and fundraise for Refuge!
The only thing that matters is that you challenge yourself. This will vary from person to person, so tailor the challenge however you like. It should be tough, but doable. You should feel satisfied when you finish it! Just do as much as you can.