Our promise to you
We are committed to ensuring that our fundraising is carried out in a fair and respectful way. Our Supporter Promise Policy sets out how we do that.
Supporter Promise Policy
Refuge recognises that fundraising should be a positive experience for existing or potential new supporters and is committed to ensuring that its fundraising is carried out in a fair and respectful way.
Refuge’s fundraising activity is regulated by the Fundraising Regulator (FR) and is committed to adherence to the regulator’s Fundraising Codes of Practice and Fundraising Promise.
Refuge is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and adheres to all best practice guidelines.
For the purpose of this policy we define a supporter as someone who makes a donation to Refuge, whether that be a one off or regular donation.
- Your donation is your decision – At Refuge, we rely on income from our supporters to provide our life-saving and life-changing services to survivors escaping domestic and other forms of gender violence. That’s why we encourage people to make a donation to Refuge if they’re able to. But we also recognise it’s your decision and you need to make it in your own time.
- We will never sell or swap your details – Any information you give us will be kept confidential. We’ll never pass on your details to a third party to use in the course of their own business activities.
- We will keep you updated – We want you to feel connected to the work your support is making possible. If you want to receive updates from us, we will regularly let you know about how you’re helping to change people’s lives.
- We will use your donation carefully – We make sure we’re as cost effective as possible, so your donation can have the greatest impact for people.
- We will act quickly – If people acting on our behalf fail to meet our high standards, we’ll always take appropriate action.
- We will check with you first – We will always check that we are allowed to contact you by phone before we call. If you have registered with the Telephone Preference Service, we won’t contact you unless you have given us your phone number and your permission for us to use it. We will call you to tell you what’s new and how you could help. It’s nice to speak to you now and again, but we’ll never call you more than twice a year.
- We will respect your wishes – If you tell us you don’t want to hear from us again, or want to hear from us less, this can be changed at any point by contacting us at Supporter Care via email or by telephone 020 7395 7771.
This policy, its accompanying procedures and any supporting documents will be reviewed every two years or sooner where any changing legislation has an impact.
Last reviewed January 2023.